Tuesday 21 October 2014

Pre-production plan

For my pre-production, I am thinking about making a film poster based on one of my favourite books 'Dead to the World' by Charlaine Harris. This is a book based on a teenage girl, Sookie, and the extraordinary life she leads both living in the supernatural world and being a supernatural being herself.

For the film poster I am going to try to create what I think the characters would be like and how they would act, trying to convey their personalities and attitudes through a photograph. As the main character is a teenage girl, I am thinking about using my sister as a model for the picture this should help to convey the characters age and also the target age group and genre of the film. I am also thinking about having a young man or older teenage boy behind her in the background of the picture, this will work as bringing in another character from the book, Eric, but in addition it will create a more mysterious and at the same time dangerous atmosphere for the image - I am going to ask my brother to act as the male.

In terms of location I am thinking about going to Combe Abby and shooting some photos of my siblings in the forest areas and within the trees so that I can convey to the audience the setting for the film and also, as woods normally give connotations of being lost, it being dark and that there is danger, the fact that I am shooting on location in Combe Abby in amongst the trees should help to increase the mysterious air of the image and make the poster look both more professional and like it belongs in the desired genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment